LOCATIONS in the Australian version
- Verse 1
- Tullamore, Seymour, Lismore, Mooloolaba, Nambour, Maroochydore, Kilmore, Murwillumbah, Birdsville,Emmaville, Wallaville, Cunnamulla, Condamine, Strathpine, Proserpine, Ulladulla, Darwin, Gin Gin,Deniliquin, Muckadilla, Wallumbilla, Boggabilla, Kumbarilla.
- Verse 2
- Moree, Taree, Jerilderie, Bambaroo, Toowoomba, Gunnedah, Caringbah, Woolloomooloo, Dalveen,Tamborine, Engadine, Jindabyne, Lithgow, Casino, Brigalow, Narromine, Megalong, Wyong,Tuggerawong, Wanganella, Morella, Augathella, Brindabella
- Verse 3
- Wollongong, Geelong, Kurrajong, Mullumbimby, Mittagong, Cooranbong, Grong Grong, Goondiwindi, Yarra Yarra, ] Bouindarra, Wallangarra, Turramurra,Boggabri, Gundagai, Narrabri, Tibooburra, Gulgong, Adelong, Billabong, Cabramatta, Parramatta, Wangaratta, Coolangatta
- Verse 4
- Ettalong, Dandenong, Woodenbong, Ballarat, Canberra, Milperra, Unanderra, Captains Flat, Cloncurry, River Murray, Kurri Kurri, Girraween, Terrigal,Stockinbingal, Collaroy, Narrabeen, Bendigo, Dorrigo, Bangalow, Indooroopilly, Kirribilli, Yeerongpilly, Wollondilly
|"I've Been Everywhere"|
|Single by Hank Snow|
|from the album I've Been Everywhere|
|Recorded||27 June 1962|
|Hank Snow singles chronology|
- First verse
- Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa,Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, El Salvador, Amarillo, Tocopilla,Barranquilla and Padilla.
- Second verse
- Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana, Monterey, Ferriday,Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee,Spirit Lake, Grand Lake, Devils Lake and Crater Lake.
- Third verse
- Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika, Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica, Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Hackensack,Cadillac, Fond du Lac, Davenport, Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina, Pasadena and Catalina.
- Fourth verse
- Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado, Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, El Dorado, Larimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chattanooga, Chaska,Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika, Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City and Dodge City.
- First verse
- Kaparoa, Whangaroa, Akaroa, Motueka, Taramoa, Benmore, Pongaroa, Horoeka, Rimutaka, Te Karaka, Whangarei, Nuhaka, Waimahaka, Motuhora, Waikaka, Motunui, Hokonui, Papanui, Wainui, Matawai, Rongotai, Pikowai
- Second verse
- Woodville, Dargaville, Lumsden, Katikati, Naseby, Cambridge, Porirua, Mangaroa, Hastings, Tikitiki, Tauranga, Auckland, Naenae, Waitaha, Hamilton,Poroporo, Taupo, Timaru, Oamaru, Tihoi, Awanui, Wanganui, Pauanui
- Third verse
- Featherston, Palmerston, Woolston, Te Awamutu, Riverton, Queenstown, Picton, Ohinemutu, Morere, Korere, Rotorua, Kaikoura, Matamata, Ruakura,Ikamatua, Papakura, Waitaki, Pukaki, Taranaki, Te Kauwhata, Ropata, Ikowai, Waitemata
- Fourth verse
- Ruatoki, Mataura, Taupiri, Maketu, Kyeburn, Sowburn, Wedderburn, Mossburn, Washdyke, Arawhata, Paparoa, Kaponga, Te Aroha, Thames, Kerikeri, Kokoma, Tapanui, Porinui, Tawanui, Otahuhu, Ruatapu, Mosgiel, Whareroa
- Fifth verse
- Kapiti, Ngawaka, Onepu, Reporoa, Tongariro, Tomoana, Renwick, Papamoa, Karitane, Oxford, Parihaka, Karetu, Coalgate, Whitecliffs, Urenui, Mamaku,Waimea, Waharoa, Dannevirke, Ngahere, Gordonton, Kingston, Oban
- First verse
- Bradford, Guildford, Oxford, Littlehampton, Bedford, Chingford, Hereford, Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury, Canterbury, Aylesbury, Liverpool, Scunthorpe, Sandthorpe, Mablethorpe, Hartlepool, Whitehall, Blackpool, Mildenhall, Davenport, Newport, Southport, Stockport
- Farnborough, Edinburgh, Peterborough, Felixstowe, Middlesbrough, Loughborough, Scarborough, Walthamstow, Blackburn, Lisburn, Bannockburn, Derry,Wicklow, Glasgow, Hounslow, Tipperary, Hempstead, Wanstead, Banstead, Woodstock, Bass Rock, Bell Rock, Tilbury Dock
- Third verse
- Weymouth, Yarmouth, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Lewisham, Faversham, Petersham, Chesterfield, Southend, Mile End, Land's End, Birkenhead,Birmingham, Nottingham, Gillingham, Holyhead, Cambridge, Tonbridge, Knightsbridge, Broadstairs, Edgware, Ross Wear, Carstairs
- Fourth verse
- Westminster, Southminster, Kidderminster, Accrington, Eastbourne, Southbourne, Sittingbourne, Paddington, Bolton, Paignton, Stockton, Inverness,Renwick, Brunswick, Chiswick, Dungeness, Mansfield, Sheffield, Enfield, King’s Cross, New Cross, Charing Cross, Banbury Cross
- Asian version
- "I Go Everywhere" - Written and performed by Me Dow Chow Ling Dow Songer, 2012 "I go to Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam, Beijing, Ho Chi Minh City..."
- Singapore version
- "I've Been Everywhere, lah" (nicknamed "The Geylang Song" by fans for its repeated references to the red light district)- Written and performed by Alexander Gow and Miles McLean, aka The Disclaimers, 2008. Opens with "Well, I was walking down the road on the way to Tanah Merah; a girl pulled up beside me, said her name was Sarah; sheOFFERED me a lift, so I hopped inside; she said - "you ever seen a taxi queue so long and so wide?"; I sat back in my seat, I gave her a smile, and said; "Girl, I've been everywhere on this whole damn isle" ". Three verses of place names follow, in roughly alphabetical order: (Verse 1) "Ang Moh Kio, Admiralty, Aljunied, Bedok, Balestier, Bukit Timah, Boat Quay, Clarke Quay, Changi, Choa Chu Kang, Clementi, Dover, Dhoby Ghaut, Dairy Farm and Dempsey, Eunos, Expo, East Coast Parkway, Fort Canning, Fullerton, Farrer Road and Geylang"; (Verse 2) "Hill View, Havelock, Harbour Front, Holland V, India (the Little one), Jalan Kayu, Jurong East, Kallang, Khatib, Killiney and Kranji, Lakeside, Lavender, Lucky Plaza, Lornie, Mohammed Sultan, Mount Faber, Marsilling, Nanyang, Newton, Napier and Orchard Towers"; (Verse 3) "Prinsep, Punggol, Payar Lebar, Pasir Ris, Queens town, Queensway, River Valley, Raffles Place, Sentosa, Sembawang, Seletar and Siglap, Tanjong Pagar, Toa Payoh and Tampines, Upper Thompson, Upper Weir, Valley Road and Vista,Woodlands, Yishun, Zion Road and Geylang again" ]
- Alaska (adapted by Michael Faubion)
- I got my snow machine stuck out on that windy Atmautluak trail.
- "I've Been Everywhere (In the Key of Alberta)" adapted and performed by Calgary trio, The Wine Soaked Preachers.Bassano... I've been to High River, Red Deer River, Milk River, Drayton Valley, Fox Creek, Bragg Creek,Pincher Creek, and Turner Valley; Cold Lake, Sylvan Lake, Slave Lake, Fort McMurray, Two Hills, Three Hills, Rolling Hills and Rosemary; Castor, Canmore,Strathmore, Beaver Mines, Steveville, Bonnyville, Morinville, and Bruderheim.... I've been to Foremost, Okotoks, Provost, Vauxhall, Sedgewick, Sexsmith,Redcliff and St. Paul; Acme, Bentley, Rimbey, Vermilion, Cardston, Hinton, Raymond, and Wetaskiwin; Longview, Picture Butte, Trochu, Grande Prairie,Carstairs, Chestermere, Mundare, and Calgary.... I've been to Coaldale, Innisfail, Carbondale, Drumheller, Wainwright, Harvey Heights, Warspite, Kinsella,Black Diamond, Bow Island, Champion, Didsbury, Exshaw, Tomahawk, Grimshaw, Manyberries, Millarville, Vegreville, Eckville, Waterton, Blue Ridge, Poplar Ridge, Lethbridge, and Edmonton. ] ] "I was totin' my bag down the long and dusty One Tree Road... He said if you're going out to
- Aunty Jack
- I've been to Wollongong (x 14), DAPTO, Wollongong.
- "The Beer Song"
- Adapted by Doug Moreland (2000) - "Pabst Blue Ribbon, Old Samuel Adams, Bud Light, Corona, Foster’s, and Heineken, Nor don Blonde, got the girl on the front, If Homer were here he’d be drinking that Duff, Grolsch, and Guinness, and I ain’t finished I’ve drank a lot of beer."
- USAFSECURITY Service
- SECURITY Service. Music provided by Tommy Smart, MSgt -Ret USAFSS. Compiled by Red Barthel MSgt-Ret USAFSS." ] "A presentation of locations that were common to the USAF
- "Beers" adapted by Jon Chalmers
- "Scaeffer, Shiner, Horlacher, Heffenreffer, Coopers, Kruegers, Kingfisher, Knickerbocker, Fosters, Fullers, Lucky Lager, Silver Thunder, Miller, Paulener, Boulder, Old Peculiar, Rheingold, Michelob, Strohs, Grolsch, Guinness Gold, Yuengling, Carling, Youngs, and Little Kings..."
- Wies Willems, singer-songwriter from Vorselaar-Gent, wrote a cover in Dutch, in which he uses different places in Belgium. The song is performed by "The Lost Highwayknights."
- Stompin' Tom Connors adds an extra spoken segment ofLOCATIONS in Ontario and a verse forLOCATIONS in the Maritimes. He also substitutes Canadian cities, including Halifax and Montreal, at various points in the other verses. Mike Ford, formerly a member of Moxy Früvous, did an all-Canadian version for his album, Canada Needs You, in 2005. Canadian comedian Rick Moranis has a version called "I Ain't Goin' Nowhere" where he sings about why he won'tLEAVE his easy chair. Canadian comedy duo MacLean & MacLean released a version named "I've Seen Pubic Hair" on their 1981 album MacLean & MacLean Suck Their Way To The Top. The song lists various types of pubic hairs that the singer has seen, including "...great ones, straight ones, on my dinner plate ones, long ones, strong ones, little curly blonde ones, red ones, dead ones, layin' on the head ones". in 2014, the Canadian coffee and donut chain Tim Hortons made a commercial featuring the song for its fiftieth anniversary inBUSINESS. ]
- vàlius recorded in 2014 a version of the song in their album "Fam", listing many Catalonia locations. The song is named "Espinàs" as a tribute to Josep Maria Espinàs, a Catalan writer that has travelled "everywhere" by foot. It is also a tribute to Can Piella, a community project for self-management and social transformation since they sing "If you're goin' to Can Piella, with me you can ride". ]
- Czechoslovakia (adapted by Ladislav Vodička)
- Já tu zemi znám ]
- Eugene Chadbourne
- The US entertainer recorded a version on his 1988 album, also entitled I've Been Everywhere. HeSTARTS with Hank Snow's opening verse and then rattles off city names from all over the world (including Bogota, Khartoum and Nairobi), throws in a gentle poke at Neil Young and Farm Aid, and ends with Eugene declaring that there's only one place he hasn't been to--Alcatraz.
- Faroe Islands
- Used as soundtrack in a commercial for aBROADBAND INTERNET service (Eitt), listing places in the Faroe Islands where the service is available (all). The commercial is often called "Eitt er allastaðni" because of the chorus. Some places mentioned: Tjørnuvík, Dalur, Sandur, Mikladalur, Fuglafjørður,Skarvanes, Sandavágur, Oyri, Froðba.
- Finland (adapted by Turo's Hevi Gee)
- "Oon käyny kaikkialla". The singerCHATS with a train conductor, and gives a list of Finnish places.
- Germany (adapted by Jackie Leven)
- "I was walking down the Ku'damm in the City of Berlin."COMPLETE with an entire verse of Baden-Baden. Published on the 2007 album "Oh What A Blow That Phantom Dealt Me!"
- Louisiana "I've Been Everywhere, Cher"
- The Cajun band Choupique recorded and performs a version of the song where all the places mentioned are communities in the State of Louisiana. ]
- Pennsylvania (adapted by Earl Pickens)
- "I was totin' my pack along the old Conshohocken Road." ]
- Springfield's state (adapted by Tim Long)
- The Simpsons episode "Mobile Homer" includes a version of the song listing theFOLLOWING various fictional towns in the series: Springfield, Shelbyville, Ogdenville, Cap City, Ogdenburg, Shelbytown, Spring City, Cap Field, West Springfield, Paris, Rome, and Shelbyville Adjacent.
- Texas (adapted By Brian Burns)
- I was totin’ my pack along the dusty Amarillo road.
- Houston (adapted By Hayes Carll)
- I been to Houston, Houston, Houston, Houston....
- Scotland (adapted By Charlene McGowan)
- I was totin' my pack along a winding Highland Mountain Road
- Swear Version (adapted By Dave Shirley)
- I've Used Every Swear ]
- World (adapted By Medeski Martin and Wood)
- This jazz group made a children-oriented versionTITLED "Let's Go Everywhere", using city names from all over the world.
- Used the Australian version to advertise its new Next-G 3.5G mobile network in 2006. They also constantly use it in their BigPond WirelessBROADBAND advertisements featuring a family and friends travelling in a blue Volkswagen Kombi around Australia.
- Choice Hotels
- Used the Johnny Cash version in TV ads aired from 2003 to 2009.
- Former U.S. Rep. John Olver used communities throughout Massachusetts's 1st Congressional District in his bi-annual re-election commercials.
- Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
- Dallas-based TexasLending.com uses suburbs in the Metroplex area.
- KDKA News Radio uses suburbs in the PittsburghREGION, where KDKA covers.
- Faroe Islands
- EITT The melody with new lyrics is to be used in an advertising campaign for Faroese telecome company EITT.
- New Brunswick, Canada
- 2007 TV Ad for Enbridge Natural Gas withPROVINCIAL town & street names added. Seen often on CBC during hockey games.
- SaskTel, the government-owned telecom in Saskatchewan, has a long-running television commercial that adapts the song to "I Go Everywhere," listing off small towns in the province where SaskTel Mobility coverage is available. The towns named are: Warman, Watson, Maidstone, Radisson, Fox Valley, Unity, Southey, Davidson, Meath Park, Lucky Lake, Candle Lake, Neilburg, Outlook, Shellbrook, Aberdeen, Strasbourg, Cut Knife, Springside, Indian Head, Lemburg, Elrose, Melville, and Biggar.
- The Sports Network (Canada)
- in 2010 used a version of the song that listed all the cities and regions in the National Hockey League to promote its coverage of trade deadline day.
- Tennessee Governor's Highway Safety Office